1. First, think globally. If you think locally or even just nationally, you're missing a huge amount of awesome folks who might love what you have to offer.
2. Intend to transform the world with everything you do. Find a greater purpose that lights you up and then put everything you do inside that. It'll give you loads more energy and allow others who share your passion for it to connect with you from all over the world
3. In my business I offer one on one coaching, video webinars, on line learning programs, on line and in person events, courses / workshops, build websites for folks as well as offer trips to wonderful places to do big consciousness work together. Don't listen to those who will tell you to focus on just one thing. I'm more creative and energised the more I take on.
4. To manage all that here are the technologies I use to make it happen...
* I use skype for one to one coaching calls, but other services like FaceTime will work as well.
* I use www.Zoom.us for international video webinars. It's only $14.99 a month and works brilliantly. It even records your webinars to be used for on line learning programs later.
* I love Pay Pal especially as it works across all currencies. With Pay Pal you can either drop a pay now button on your website or email your client directly with a payment link in their currency. Once paid, Pay Pal lets you translate the currency into yours immediately and within two hours it's in your bank account.
* I do all my own websites using www.weebly.com which only costs about $47 a year for a single site. This way I can edit pages and update offerings really quickly. Tends to take me about an hour to put a new offering up and available for all.
* I use www.campaignmonitor.com to manage a database of sign-ups and put out newsetters. Love them! A new paradigm business for sure.
* Keep your eye on timezones and timezone changes in the spring and the fall. I use www.timeanddate.com to do that, but I'm sure there are loads more wonderful ways to do that.
* Re Social Media, I run 90-95% of my business on Facebook. I love it. It's interactive, engaging and tends to be focused on positive, world changing things. And with groups it can be community and collectively focused. Here's a video webinar I did using Zoom that shows how to use Facebook to excite your work in the world.
5. Make friends. I don't treat my clients like clients, in fact that word feels very foreign and separating to me. I love having buddies to work with to unleash their awesome greatness and do the big work of transforming the world together. Once you've got those friends, create a group on Facebook so they can interact and engage together on synergistic topics, building a network of people who care about the same things you do. I have around 20 groups on Facebook on all different topics ranging from Global Genius to Genius Animals/Nature to the Visionary Network super crew and more.
Mostly I think running a global business is a mindset thing. You just simply have to say you're doing it and believe it. Then write, post, market as if you are. And don't forget to energise your business every day to keep it alive, thriving and zinging with great energy for people to connect to.